View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #305
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT207~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT207 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Oregon City, Oregon. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Alex? Alex is the 17 year old daughter of a very good freind of fellow Teapotter Roseanne (sumtoy) that is having some pretty serious health issues right now instead of getting ready for her senior year in high school! See a picture of Alex attached here.. The second one is Alex with her brother, he took her to prom!

Alex has chrones so she is diet challenged and very small. She has lots of abdominal issues. Recently she fell down the stairs at home, got up and just attributed it to being a clutz. By mid day at school she was having some numbness and tingling in her leg and arm on the right side. They took her to the local childrens hospital and after numerous tests, took her in for brain surgery. She had a massive infection probably caused from eating contaminated salad in the bag from a local store (according the the health department--listeria). For those of you who have Facebook pages, below is a link to a video where you can see Alex walking without a walker for the first time while in rehab after her surgery. Alex has continued to have problems due to crohns flare-ups, bleeding in her stomach and the fact that the antibiotics don't seem to work on the infection in her brain. She also is not allowed to take her crohns meds while she fights this infection.

Alex loves giraffes, she is a cheerleader and getting ready for her senior year of high school.

I don't do Facebook so I am confused about this link but maybe its because you have to sign in to view it.....

Here is the link to the video.

Here is a link to Alex's mom's facebook page.

Here is the address to mail your card to:

Alex M. Hartzell
14132 Canyon Ridge Cir
Oregon City, OR 97045-9052

Thank you from Roseanne and thank you from me!
Attached Thumbnails
alex.jpg   alex-2.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-21-2012 at 04:10 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!