View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Miss Boo
Stazon Splitcoast

Default CAS179 - Using Twine (7/16/12)

~A Letter from Miss Boo~

It is with great sadness that this will be my last CAS challenge as a hostess. I discovered SCS back in 2005 (known as jen70) and shortly after became involved in hostessing one of the original weekly challenges: The Limited Supply Challenge on Fridays. During that time, I also hostessed many VSN challenges and possibly a VSBN challenge or two. I created the idea of the Featured Stamper challenge while doing the LSC and got it up and running as a weekly challenge on Sundays before handing it over to Beth. In 2008, I took a break from hostessing for a few months during which time I became known as 'Miss Boo.' And as you all know, I was encouraged to start the CAS challenge in February of 2009. It's been a lot of fun! I started using design teams right away for CAS challenges. Back then, design teams for individual companies were all the rage but CAS was not. This challenge opened that door. About a year later, themed design team search challenges started along with having guest stampers. I quickly found out that I was in over my head. That's when Denise (resqbarbie) stepped in and saved me! LOL! Denise has been a wonderful addition to our CAS challenges as a co-hostess and orginizer for the guest designers. She is a creative card maker and leaves wonderful comments. I'm thrilled she will be your new weekly hostess!

So why is this happening now?

The past few months have been very difficult for my family and me and I finally realized that I need to minimize my volunteer roles. I've been hostessing SCS challenges for 7 years and I feel burned out. Whether that's longevity, real life issues or both, our design teams and players deserve more than I can give right now. I'll still be around making cards and hopefully I'll get back into scrapbooking. I'm seriously behind! So you haven't gotten rid of me completely.

It's because of you that the CAS challenges have been so successful and I've had a lot of fun along the way. Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging. You're all wonderful! (Especially all of you who have learned to like the color ORANGE! LOL!)

Hugs and happy stamping,
Jen

Please keep the CAS challenges limited to cards only.
Thank you!

What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.

It's all about the design.
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point

Clean & Simple

~~~CAS WEEKLY CHALLENGE~~~

July 17
CAS Ways to Use It Challenge: TWINE

KEYWORD: CAS179
It's also great to add the keyword: CAS so that you're in two galleries.

Leave some love for our brand new and excited design team! Here are some samples to help you get started:

Summer Design Team
Cary's Card
Darsie’s Card
Tenia’s card

Hostesses/Coordinators
Denise (resqbarbie)
Jen (Miss Boo)

Guest Designer
mamaxsix

CAS DT Alumni
Tilly
cookiebaker
Loll Thompson

CAS179 Gallery

Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!

Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
You're done!
Pinterest - SCS Favorites
Clean & Simple Weekly Challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!