View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
simvan
Crimping Master

Default Suggestions/Input for MIL to be.....

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend's daughter is getting married in September. Kristine is an only child, 29 years old and lives 6 hours from her mom and dad. They have only met her future husband seven times over the past two years. They don't have a bond with him and my girlfriend isn't excited about the wedding and is really trying hard to get excited and be happy.

It's a very small wedding, family and close friends - 60 people. Kelly (my girlfriend) isn't really involved in the wedding...the bride and groom have planned it all. The bride lives in the same city as her future in-laws and the groom is very close to his family.

I need suggestions/feedback/input on what I can do to help my girlfriend get excited. It's her only child and daughter and she should be feeling happy. I think she should be...I've never gone through this yet but I would think that I would be excited when my son gets married....hopefully...right...lol.

I was thinking that I would find a mother of the bride card....or make her one...lol. She already has her dress but I suggested we go get our make up done, I feel like I need to change my make up as I'm getting older...lol. Anything ideas would be a big help.

Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!