View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #2153
peeps321
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinseattle View Post
I just finished Moloka'i by Alan Brennert last week and loved it. The subject matter was a bit hard, dealing with the settlement on the island where they sent people with leprosy in the early 1900's. The characters are so beautiful to me and I love the Hawaiian folklore and customs throughout the story.
Joanne that one is one my list..I'm glad to hear you liked it so well. I've been reading mostly thrillers of late..just started In The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes..not sure where it's going yet but I'm liking it so far. I really liked A Simple Act of Violence by R.J. Ellory about a serial killer with a political twist..also liked Defending Jacob by Wm Landay, a DA's son is accused of murdering a classmate. I finished Cutting for Stone a while back now and it was GREAT! I also managed to sneak in John Sandford's latest Lucas Davenport book Stolen Prey...always a fast and fun read..and I love that it takes place in the Twin Cities..in the book they found a body in a dumpster half a mile from my house! On the horizon I have the latest Kate Burkholder mystery, Gone Missing by Linda Castillo...Amish parents turn to female detective in the disappearance of their teenager during Rumspringa. I also just found out there's now a third book in the Carlos Ruiz Zafron (Shadow of the Wind) series called The Prisoner of Heaven..will have to check that out,too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!