Thread: AOCC12 - June
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #69
grammatroll
Stazon Splitcoast

What a nice surprise. Thank you.

Hope all my fellow Americans had a wonderful 4th of July. Mine was real busy with our big community bbq and music festival. We had at least 1400 people this year. The morning started off with a coupld of glitches but ended up being a fun time. We saw a lot of new faces and a lot of familiar faces. I had a lot of great help again this year. There's something to be said about small town events. The support from individuals and businesses was overwhelming. In the past I used to make all of the thank you notes, but DH has taken over that task. We use a piece of his artwork on them now. I still have the task of writing in htem. I don't like writing a generic thank you; I like to make them more personalized. I think that may be why we get so much support from our local businesses. In fact, one of them mentioned to DH when he was asking for a donation again this year how nice that personal thank you was. So many people are asking for donations for fundraisers and they only put a generic thank you in the paper. We list every business and individual who either donated money or items for our raffles in a thank you ad. I know we miss some people because they show up to help and DH and I don't always get their names. Our thank you list is over 100.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!