View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
stamphappy1650
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellegirl View Post
I know! I can't eyeball anything very accurately either! I have the new SU Reason to Smile, which I got in cling. Bummer as the wood mount was the same price! Anyway, even with my SAMJ, I can't seem to line up the 2 stamps that have the stems. It was sooo frustrating, to the point I just gave up. Yet, I did see a BEAUTIFUL card on Stampin Connect that used a couple of the stamps and not using the 2 step, so I'll make that one instead.

BTW, concerning my SAMJ, I LOST the acrylic insert that went into it. Will just a piece of cut transparency work? other ideas?

Thanks!
Bonnie
Depending on the imgage, I don't always use my SAMJ for 2-step stamping. If it is off a little I think it gives it interesting look.

I use unmounted/clear mount stamps and to make sure I can perfectly place a flower stem to the flower, I trim the rubber exactly at the edge of the stem so that I know if the edge of the rubber is at the base of the flower the stem will be stamped perfectly.

Here is a sample of the Reason to Smile set not using the 2-step and I cut the stem close to the edge so I didn't need to use my SAMJ.