View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #2146
WordTrix
Gabfest Goddess

Linda: This heat wave is excruciating, isn't it? We just had our driest June on record, though -- oddly -- only the 10th warmest. We could see 100 here next three days. Our average this time of year is usually 80-85F. I feel for those still without power after the weekend's severe storms. I don't think I've heard of Gone Girl, but glad you enjoyed it.

Hi Jen! Suggestions, eh? I don't read much historical fiction, but have you read Marina Fiorato (The Boticelli Secret) or Katie Hickman (The Aviay gate, The Pindar Diamond)? Do you like historical romance? Romantic suspense?

I am currently reading A Rogue My Own (Reid Family #3) by Johanna Lindsey, and plan to read A Love My Own (Reid #4) after. I also have Eloisa James and Suzanne Enoch in Mount TBR.

For suspense, I just finished a couple by Tami Hoag I can recommend: Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll #1) and Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll #2).

I also just finished Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost. If you like vampires, I highly recommend Jeaniene Frost's series (Night Huntress, Night Huntress World and Night Prince). I also recently read all of Patricia Briggs' "Mercy Thompson" and "Alpha and Omega" series (primarily werewolves).

As many here know, I am involved in a few groups at GoodReads. Here's what different groups I am in are reading for July: Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakani (passing on this one), And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (I'm looking forward to rereading this one!), The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien (haven't yet decided to reread or not), Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Love it, but don't know if I'll have time for a reread), and Rising Tides (Chesapeake #2) by Nora Roberts (not planning to reread, but did like this one).

Happy 4th of July to all the American bookworms present!

Heather

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!