Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #92
texasjodylynn
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabeepianolovin View Post
Okay time for my question...

I adore my dienamics. I love the flower (prima donna, fringed per..) but I also have the fancy flourish, leafy flourish and some others...BUT for some reason, the flower ones are the only ones which cut clean through my cardstock. I am having serious issues getting the flourishes to make clean cuts--especially in cardstock.

I have a Cuttlebug--finances will not allow me to change so that's not an option right now. I just replaced my B plates last week. Which improved the cuts, but I still have to finish them with my Xacto knife...which means I end up ruining them since they are such thin designs.

Suggestions? I keep reading about a thin embossing pad--is this sold separately at MFT? And would it make the difference? I have tried thin pieces of cardstock as an added shim and frankly it doesn't do squat to make it cut better.

for the record I'm using PTI and SU cardstock...and it isn't cutting through either of them. Unless I use the flower dies. Weird.
It has to do with the intricate style of the dies and there not being enough pressure with the current stack you are using. These dies cut through pressure and with flower shapes that have less "blade" throughout them, the pressure is enough to cut those more easily. This is what you need: Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics

It's out of stock right now, but it was actually designed with the Cuttlebug in mind. It is a thin metal shim that really helps with cutting intricate dies. You can use it with ANY die to create more pressure, but I automatically grab it if I am going to cut a flourish, snowflake, doily, etc... anything with a lot of detail. It really helps those cut cleanly, the "negative" pieces pop out more easily, and you'll get a cleaner cut. I use a Vagabond, but still love using the metal shim for those types of dies. I hope that helps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!