View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
wendella247
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Red face DIGI-SCRAP PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE #2 (JULY 2012) - TASK #1

Hello Digiscrappers!

If you're here, I'm figuring you're looking for the start of a brand new challenge for July. If you're already familiar with the rules, then skip on down to Task 1 below!

What is a Digiscrap Progressive Challenge?

-The object of the challenge is to complete one page over the course of four weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week.
-On the first Tuesday of each month, Task 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions each week for a total of 4 weeks (Tasks 1-4.)
-The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced weekly, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next task. (Once you post a week’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that week’s task.)
-At the end of the fourth week, you should have a completed page!
-It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a week(s). Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

For additional tips and info. about the Digiscrap Progressive Challenges please go here.

Instructions will be given for a 12x12 page, but you’re welcome use whatever size page you choose.
--------------------------------------

CHALLENGE TWO (July 2012) - TASK 1.

1. Open a new 12x12 document, name it and save it so you don’t lose anything. Be sure to save your work OFTEN! (If you’re new to Photoshop Elements (PSE) & don’t know how to create a new blank 12x12 scrapbook page, go here for tutorial.)

2. REDUCED OPACITY PHOTO BACKGROUND. Select 1 or more photographs (as many as you want--you'll use one now and the rest later in another Task.) Use one of the photographs as background paper.
-Resize the photo to fit the full size of the page or most of the page; either way, it should be used as the main background.
-Reduce the opacity by at least 10%. You'll probably want to reduce it down to 70% or 80% opacity or so.
-You may use more than one paper underneath if you wish, but your top paper at this point should be the enlarged photograph.

-You may want to look at my sample to get an idea as to what I'm looking for. I've also attached a copy of the original photo I started with.

3. Add one or more paper layers on top of the photo layer to change the look of the background. Reduce the opacity to suit. For example, use a combination of edge overlays, gradient colors, papers that are torn, tattered or crumpled, with writing on them or any other things to add effects to the photo background. Experiment with different effects until you find the mix you like.

That’s all we’ll add for today!

Here’s My Task 1 page

-Save your page as a .jpg & upload to the Digiscrap Challenge Gallery-Progressive Scrap for July 2012 (This will occur automatically when you add the keyword: DGSCPR002Task1).

-Please also post your Task 1 page in this thread. Be sure to keep the original, unflattened page (layers intact). You’ll need to add Task 2 to it for the next step.

"TASK ONE GALLERY"

Please note: When uploading your page to your gallery, on the Gallery Image Upload Page, choose the category “Scrapbooking/ Digital Scrapping” rather than “Scrapbooking/Progressive Pages,” since that “Progressive Pages” refers to a method of scrapping different from our progressive challenge.

Have fun! Don’t forget to leave some praise for your fellow challenge takers!

--------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails
statue-liberty-2011.jpg  

Last edited by wendella247; 07-03-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!