View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #88
gunnergirlchase
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Jody posted after your inquiry and so now I am not sure if you and she are talking about the same thing when you mentioned "creasing." I am not sure if your "crease" is the same as when she mentions "light embossed effect" so I will try to explain what happened to me.

First I cut with the dies as I received them (plastic things on). I put the flat side in my Cuttlebug first with fishtail at the end. What I got was the fishtail that was scrunched up at the points. This was not the "light embossed effect." I'm not sure if my "scrunched" up is same as your "crease." I didn't like the plastics on the dies as they were ditry and scratched up. I've never purchased any dies with the plastic on them so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with them so I posted and Jody said I can leave them on or take them off. I removed them and cleaned them with GOO-GONE.

After they were all cleaned and dried I played some more with the dies. When I ran the dies through I rolled the fishtail side first with the flat end last. This worked well and the fishtails were no longer "scrunched" up. So all is good for me. When I want the embossing I'll run it through with the appropriate pads.

I really like these fishtails.
Yes my problem is similar! I expected the light embossing effect I love that on all MFT dies, my creasing sounds similar to your scrunching! I will try cleaning them today, ive run them through the Cuttlebug in every direction I can think of and so far nothing works. I'll clean them today and report back - thanks ladies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!