View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
Angelnorth
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellegirl View Post
BTW, concerning my SAMJ, I LOST the acrylic insert that went into it. Will just a piece of cut transparency work? other ideas?
Yes, any peice of clear plastic will work - just make sure it has a proper right angled corner to tuck into the angle of the SAMJ. I use the sheet that had a cling mount set on it with my home made positioner. Transparency will work but it might be a bit flimsy (and therefore harder to get it to butt up against the SAMJ rather than slipping underneath) so if you can find a sturdier piece you might find it easier. Lots of things come in clear packaging that you can cut up and use.

The only difference I can see between cling and woodmount for two-step stamping is that you need to stamp the cling on the positioning sheet every time you use the set whereas with wood mount you can do a sheet to keep in the box with the stamps and it's ready to go. If you have decent clear blocks there's no real difference between those and wood mounts.

Fiddly things like flower stems are always tricky. Make sure you're looking straight down onto the piece for each step to minimise any lining up issues.

HTH!

My blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!