View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #2140
WordTrix
Gabfest Goddess

<b>Finished the entire "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series by Rick Riordan:</b>

The Lightning Thief
The Sea of Monsters
The Titan's Curse
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Last Olympian

Excellent YA fantasy series, and a great modern take on Greek mythology. Must ask sister and BIL if they have the next related series, "The Heroes of Olympus."

<b>Currently reading:</b>
Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag (Oak Knoll #2 -- I read book one a couple months ago, still looking for book three. I am already 55% through this one).

Being without my computer for half the month, I did a lot of reading in June--currently on book 21 for the month. I usually average 2-3 a week, not one a day. I have read 67 books towards my 2012 goal of 100. That's 18 books ahead, but I know I will lose some of that lead during July. I have to move end of the month, and still don't have a new apartment. Most of the packing is done, just a lot of last-minute stuff that will have to wait until the last week. You know, kitchen and bathroom stuff. Stress and extreme heat have me feeling tired and discouraged.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Friends and I are supposed to be going to watch fireworks this evening. We are lucky, as many small communities have canceled theirs due to the dry conditions. I know it's near as bad here as places out west, but we really need some rain!

Heather

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!