Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable scrapbooking & stamping store in Pueblo, CO

I am in Colorado Springs, CO visiting my sister and making the rounds of the scrabooking and stamping stores in CO. We decided to go to a store in Pueblo, CO. When I walked into the store I told my sister that we had hit the motherlode. This store had tons of scrapbooking stuff as well as items for stampers. There were products there that were brand new that I had seen on some blogs but could not find in any of the other stores I had visited. As if that wasn't enough, the owner (Margaret Johnson) was there and heard me commenting on one of the card samples that used gold leaf. She asked if I had ever done that technique. When I said no, she said that she could show me. About 5 hours later we had to leave. All of the techniqes she showed us were ones we had never seen. We left the store with over 10 things that we had made. I consider myself fairly techniqe oriented because of all the tutorials here on SCS, so I was amazed that she could show me so many that I had never done. My sister and I went back 3 days later with a friend that was visiting from OK, and Margaret taught us new techniques for another 5 hours. The most amazing thing was that she never charged us for teaching us or for the supplies we used. However, I do have to say that we made up for that in the amount of product we bought. If you are near Pueblo, I highly recomment her shop. Don't let the location fool you. It is in an area that looks like it should be zoned commerical and is in a steel sided building. However, the huge sign on the top that says Colorado Stampin' & Scrappin' is the giveaway.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

That is a good store! Have you visited Simple Pleasures in Colorado Springs? It's a great store too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

So far I have gone to Colorado Stampin' & Scrapin', Simple Pleasures, Archiver's, several Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, and Flutterflies & Party Bugs (Woodland Park). I am a little concerned about how I am going to get all of my stash back to Savannah since I can only take one bag on the plane and it can't weigh more than 50 lbs. Oh well, if some of my clothes have to go so be it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilannView Post
So far I have gone to Colorado Stampin' & Scrapin', Simple Pleasures, Archiver's, several Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, and Flutterflies & Party Bugs (Woodland Park). I am a little concerned about how I am going to get all of my stash back to Savannah since I can only take one bag on the plane and it can't weigh more than 50 lbs. Oh well, if some of my clothes have to go so be it.
My sister used to box up her purchases when she came for a visit and ship them back via UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my! How have I lived in CO for 9 years and not know about all of these stores?? A bit of a drive from Denver, but sounds like it would be worth it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

I went to Colorado Springs last week to visit my long-time friend, Judy. Knowing I am an avid scrapbooker/card maker, Judy lined up several stores to hit while I was there. We went to Archivers (big disappointment), Simple Pleasures (loved this store and the friendly staff), and finally down to Pueblo to Stampin and Scrappin. OH MY GOSH!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, kind of like the guys on the baseball field in Field of Dreams who asked, "Is this heaven?" Margaret's (owner) daughter, Denise, pulled in right behind us and asked if we wanted to go in (it was 5 minutes to the posted opening time). I hadn't noticed the sign that said due to illness the store was closed. Short version: Denise spent 6-1/2 hours with us showing us techniques and products I've never seen before. If I hadn't been going home the next day I would have come back and spent another full day just browsing and trying things out. Denise is just the sweetest person and she seemed to be as excited about showing us new techniques and products as we were to learn about them. I spoke with Margaret on the phone and told her that she had raised a wonderful daughter who was so giving of herself and that I know she must be very, very proud of her. Spending those 6-1/2 hours with Denise in the store was the highlight of my trip. Even though I'm in Arizona, I WILL be making another trip up to CO to spend time in this amazing store and I'm hoping Margaret will be back by then so I can give her a big hug. If you're anywhere even remotely close to Stampin and Scrapin, this store is a MUST stop on your agenda.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

That is a good store. I've been in there, but had husband and two sons along, so I didn't get to spend much time. We are moving to Pueblo in August, I'll definitely stop by again!
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Well Carla,
I suppose I will go with you every. single. time. LOL
YIPPEE!!!!!!
ILY
N.
PS I'm Carla's sister and I live in Denver.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Well then I guess I can split my wish list up between the two of you, Noelle. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in CA and I get email from Simple Pleasures and I want to go to CO just to shop there!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilannView Post
I am a little concerned about how I am going to get all of my stash back to Savannah since I can only take one bag on the plane and it can't weigh more than 50 lbs. Oh well, if some of my clothes have to go so be it.
That's the spirit! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes