View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Nana4Megan2
Cardstock Collector

I went to Colorado Springs last week to visit my long-time friend, Judy. Knowing I am an avid scrapbooker/card maker, Judy lined up several stores to hit while I was there. We went to Archivers (big disappointment), Simple Pleasures (loved this store and the friendly staff), and finally down to Pueblo to Stampin and Scrappin. OH MY GOSH!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, kind of like the guys on the baseball field in Field of Dreams who asked, "Is this heaven?" Margaret's (owner) daughter, Denise, pulled in right behind us and asked if we wanted to go in (it was 5 minutes to the posted opening time). I hadn't noticed the sign that said due to illness the store was closed. Short version: Denise spent 6-1/2 hours with us showing us techniques and products I've never seen before. If I hadn't been going home the next day I would have come back and spent another full day just browsing and trying things out. Denise is just the sweetest person and she seemed to be as excited about showing us new techniques and products as we were to learn about them. I spoke with Margaret on the phone and told her that she had raised a wonderful daughter who was so giving of herself and that I know she must be very, very proud of her. Spending those 6-1/2 hours with Denise in the store was the highlight of my trip. Even though I'm in Arizona, I WILL be making another trip up to CO to spend time in this amazing store and I'm hoping Margaret will be back by then so I can give her a big hug. If you're anywhere even remotely close to Stampin and Scrapin, this store is a MUST stop on your agenda.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!