View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
Rebecca Ednie
Insane Embellisher

My cards don't really represent my personality directly. I make so many different kinds of cards that I'd have to have multiple personality disorder! When I craft in my favourite style, I do vintage and shabby with some elegant. I never dress in those styles and my home isn't reflective of those either. Shabby and vintage aren't very child friendly! And I don't have much money to decorate. So maybe my crafting in that style fills my desire for those styles without needing to wear them or decorate in them. But when I make cards for others, I tailor my style to the person. CAS or rustic and masculine for my boys, cute and whimsical for some friends, sophisticated for others.

As I type this, I think I fill my crafting with styles other than those I gravitate to in other areas of my life. Although I love vintage clothes, I don't wear them because they aren't in style (not that im a fashion trendsetter but I don't want to feel awkward either) and too fussy to maintain/iron for a busy mom. They don't suit my figure either. I never wear or decorate in cute but I do craft in cute sometimes.

One thing I do that does reflect my personality is choose colours that I would choose otherwise for decorating or to wear. With the exception of orange which I normally hate but looks great on my blonde sons. I use it for crafting for them quite a bit. I love soft colours and do wear them. I have a new obsession with aqua/teal/turquoise and have bought quite a few clothes in that range and painted my bathroom a gorgeous bright blue/green. If I have to list my Fav 10 colours, I both decorate, craft and wear them all.
Rebecca Ednie
Live Well, Laugh often, Love much
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!