View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
happy-stamper
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWS View Post
My suggestion would be to put some of the toys in tubs and if possible store them in another part of the house. Then rotate them out once a week or once a month. Your room will be easier to clean up and less distracting for you and your kids. As soon as the youngest outgrows a toy pass it along to someone else.
My four kids are now teens, but when they were little we would rotate toys and it worked great. They acted like it was Christmas when I got out a container of toys that they hadn't seen for a couple of months! Plus, when they decided it was time to dump all their toys out (everyday, right?) there wasn't as huge of a disaster. It also can be a big help to have a couple of totes filled with toys that they only get to play with when you are away from home. This helped save the day for me more than once!

Your kids are not too little to start learning that some of the craft items are everyone's to use, but some are just for Mommy. It helps to have easy access storage for the kid items and have the things that are just for you or require your assistance in a closet or cabinet or up on shelves.

Best of luck!