View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #177
wendella247
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Thank you ladies for answering my questions. I have been seeing some pretty teriffic work with digital scrapbooking the last few months. It seems like there is more and more options. As fast as technology is changing with better graphics and all it is no wonder the "change" is coming.
I still have no plans on changing yet but in a few years I may have to digi scrap just because I will be running out of time before I am no longer able and willing archive these pieces of the past in the traditional way. One thing is for sure, if my stash does not quit growing I will be out of space to store supplies!!
Can't believe I missed this topic! There is a learning curve for digi, and when I started, I still did mostly traditional paper pages. I actually started getting serious about learning digi when the digi challenges first came out on SCS. I'd do a digi page and learn some, then I'd go back to the safety and comfort of paper! I still love paper and have TONS of supplies, but I have problems with my hands and find digi is much easier for me now.

When I started digi, kits and supplies were hard to find on the internet--now, like Terry and Mary Pat said, you could search for just freebies and never buy a thing except the program. ( PM me if you're ever wanting to know where to find freebies!) I am a queen of digi freebies, but I also buy digi kits and embellishments. I order my 12x12 prints thru Persnickety Prints when on sale like Terry and also buy them when they're on sale for 99 cents at Scrapbooks Please. (I'm on both mailing lists.) Sometimes I make a hybrid page--8x8 printed at home, then added to a 12x12 paper and add "real" embellies. They're also fun to frame!

Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio (MDS) seems like a good program if you don't want to be overwhelmed with choices--and it's been around long enough now so there are lots of tutorials, classes and videos to help you learn. I love Photoshop Elements, but there is a pretty steep learning curve.

Well, that's my two (hundred) cents! lol

---------------------

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!