Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #87
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT197 ~ APPRECIATION STATION!

MMTPT197
Warm Fuzzies from Alan and Ellen

Remember when we sent wedding cards to Alan and Ellen who were married March 9th. We wanted to make their wedding special because Marie's brother, Alan, was diagnosed with cancer right about the same time.....Once again, you teapotters came through with flying colors and mission accomplished! We made their wedding special! I would like to share this email from Marie with you all! If you would like to refresh your memory on the challenge here is the link.

Attached are pictures of the wedding cards. Look at Curt, he manged to be right there, always stealing the limelight! What a ham! Snort!

Here you go, in Marie and Ellen's own words:

Cindy:

Now that the twins have graduated and life has slowed down a bit I was able to get to see all of Alan & Ellen's cards at once. It was so much fun watching Ellen open the cards again, Her face lit up at each one, saying "look at this one," "this is so beautiful," "look at this!" and "this one was Alan's favorite." We arranged them on the dining room table and took these photos. We will always be grateful to each teapotter who took the time and effort to make and share a card. She also wrote an email for me to share with you:

Dear Wonderful Teapotters,

Alan and I are thrilled and so very grateful for the beautiful wedding cards! Our wedding was planned very quickly (5 days!) and kept very low-key due to Alan's recent cancer diagnoses. We were married on a local walking bridge over the Delaware River and told very few people. Fortunately, all five of our children were able to attend, including Alan's youngest son who was given an unusually quick leave as a Marine stationed at Camp LeJeune, NC, for our small wedding (10 people total!). What a wonderful surprise to begin receiving your beautiful cards. Our friend, Mothermark, sent us a letter with her card explaining Teapot Tuesday with a wonderful story about Alan, me, and Lou Alan MacEllen. These beautiful cards made our very low-key wedding very special. Alan and I told very few people about our wedding because it was planned 3 days before his first surgery and we were so focused on that that the wedding just sort of...slipped by unnoticed. Your beautiful cards meant so much to us and we are thrilled that Marie, Alan's sister, shared our story with all of you. Our wedding ended up going by not unnoticed due to all of your kindness and creativity.

We got married after work on Friday, March 9, and I told Marie I didn't know if I would even remember the date because we have been so consumed with Alan's illnesses (2 types of cancer have been diagnosed thus far, and he has 2 more surgeries scheduled for this summer). Now I won't ever forget our wedding date because of your beautiful cards!

Thank you for making a wonderful event which was overshadowed by sadness so much happier for us. We truly appreciate your kindnesses and thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Ellen and Alan

Thank you Teapotters!
Attached Thumbnails
alan-ellens-wedding-cards-2.jpg   alan-ellens-wedding-cards.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!