View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #157
eeddmm
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
I have a digi scraping question. I am not a digi scrapper and do not plan on becoming one BUT, I just saw some really cute page layouts and elements and was wondering......... How does the cost of digi scrapping compare to traditional scrapping?
Do you use most embellishment elements only once like you have to when purchasing traditionally? I know some can be used over and over. How many of those (use over and over) do you use and how many one purchase use?
I only had to put money out for the program and the laptop since I wanted a computer that was dedicated to scrapping and for me only. (I had been sharing DGS computer) I have paid to take lessons to learn PSE and occasionally I'll purchase a kit if it's on sale and I can't find what I would like for free. I checked and I've got over 54,000 files in my scrapbooking folder and I probably paid less than $20 total over the last 3 or 4 years. I've taken files or elements and changed the color to match my page and everything can be resized from tiny to large as well as recoloring. There are certain elements that I really love so I tend to use them a lot. The templates we use can be customized as well by just deleting something you do not want or adding an element from another template. It is so versatile and economical and VERY space saving! I love it too because I can edit my pictures right from the camera before putting them on the page and make them the exact size I need for the page.

The only other expense is to print out the pages. I do everything 12x12 and when Persnickety Prints had a sale, I prebought pages at $1.50 each and am still using that credit. I've also changed the size down to an 8x8 size to print out photo books (when we did the ABC project for VSBN). I still have all those files saved at 12x12 so I can always reprint them when needed.

I now have such a hard time even thinking out getting out paper and stuff to make a page or a card...just because I'd have to put everything back away again
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!