View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #154
eeddmm
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
This is for Terry. I scrapped a layout of my hubby's recovery from surgery, but it's on my blog and not in the SCS gallery because it's from before I started at SCS. Here's the link if you want to check out his lovely stitches. They've healed up now and he has barely a scar, so I thought that might be encouraging to know!

ACL Surgery
OMG! What a huge scar! I saw the surgeon today and they only put 2 tiny holes on either side of the knee below the kneecap for the meniscus repair. Apparently the surgery will only last no more than 2 hrs and I have it on a Thursday and will be able to go to work on Monday since I have a sit down job. I start PT on that Monday as well. He did say it would be 4-6 wks of PT. The surgery is scheduled for when I come back from vacation. Next week I have to have an EKG and bloodwork done to prepare for the surgery.

I LOVED the idea of the scooter Wendy! I'm going to wait until next week to check out the temp in VA that week and to see how I'm feeling to make the decision if I buy tickets for me to Busch Gardens. I might just stay at the resort and scrap/watch TV in the A/C to avoid swelling of the ankles and just go into Williamsburg. I actually was given a prescription for crutches so I might take them along and "practice". It would really help walking I would think.

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.
Mary Pat...sorry to hear of your health issues too and you Sharon. My DH had the beginnings of an ulcer before he became self-employed..quitting his job relieved so much stress that it cured itself.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!