View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #138
Mary_Pat419
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
OK. You guys are my first "go to" gals...I've got a small...er..kind of big problem and I could really use your advice.

My MRI results came back from last Friday and the dr tells me (by email no less!) that I have a torn meniscus and it will require surgery. Now...I've never had any kind of surgery like this...just wisdom teeth and babies so this is sort of freaking me out. He has asked if I have a preference as to where to go. Have any of you had this surgery? How long does it take and how long will I be laid up? I'd ask the dr but he's not in the office and it was after 10 p.m. before I got the email. DH leaves in 3 days to go on his trip and we go on vacation the day I pick him up from the airport so it's going to be at least 2 more weeks before I can even think about surgery. This injury occurred 2 Saturdays ago.
Hope you're not in too much pain. I haven't had this surgery but most I know have been sports related. I believe the surgery is same day in & out but the recovery/PT is about 4-6 weeks.

I'm in a similar boat having a hysterectomy on July 31 so moved our vacation plans (which was going to NJ to visit family) to December. I also just found out I have a basal cell on my nose but due to the hysto am holding out for that 'surgery' until September...I think this is my year for the 'bad' which can only mean the 'good' is right around the corner. Funnily enough my word of the year was 'HEALTH'...guess I should have been more specific and said 'Good Health'! Lot's of scrappy time during recovery though!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!