View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #134
Motherload
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
OK. You guys are my first "go to" gals...I've got a small...er..kind of big problem and I could really use your advice.

My MRI results came back from last Friday and the dr tells me (by email no less!) that I have a torn meniscus and it will require surgery. Now...I've never had any kind of surgery like this...just wisdom teeth and babies so this is sort of freaking me out. He has asked if I have a preference as to where to go. Have any of you had this surgery? How long does it take and how long will I be laid up? I'd ask the dr but he's not in the office and it was after 10 p.m. before I got the email. DH leaves in 3 days to go on his trip and we go on vacation the day I pick him up from the airport so it's going to be at least 2 more weeks before I can even think about surgery. This injury occurred 2 Saturdays ago.
My husband had surgery for a torn meniscus and torn ACL. His surgery lasted about two hours and he couldn't walk on that leg for a couple of days. He had physical therapy for about three months and is doing fine now. Hope that helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!