Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT202 ~ June 12, 2012 ~ An Exhibition in White! The Importance of Light!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #202

AN EXHIBITION IN WHITE!
THE IMPORTANCE OF LIGHT!
THIS PAINTING'S NOT RIGHT!
GET IT OUT OF MY SIGHT!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. I came to realize last week that there could be 42,000 teapots around the world just waiting to be the star of the show on Teapot Tuesday, but if there is not a computer cooperating with cast and crew (that would be me!), then the show comes to a screeching halt! I picked my computer up on Friday! Whoot! After all, the show must go on! Ladies and Gentlemen...........

2. Meet Constantina Giovina! She quite the arteest! She is on the verge of breaking the bigtime! In just one week, she will join other well know artists to feature their work in the Exhibition in White! The artists that succeed at this exhibition are instantly pursued by art collectors all over the world! It's quite the honor to be invited and its the very last hurdle to clear on her path to fame! One last hurdle and she'll be able to charge $42,000 per painting, before she's lost in the lap of luxury, before she is rewarded with unlimited colorful canines frollicking through the prize winning flower gardens chasing beautiful butterflies! One more hurdle, one more hurdle. Why am I moving as slow as a turtle? One more week, one more week! Why am I acting so helpless and meek? One more painting, one more painting! Why am I suddenly on the verge of just fainting? One more step, one more step! How could I be so very inept?

3. Well, to find the answers to the questions racing though her mind, it might help you to know what the dilema is. The collection she must paint must be white on white! What a delight! It's the Exhibition in White! She must paint in only white! What about the light, what light is just right?

The Exhibition in White!
The Importance of Light!
This Painting's Not Right!
Get It Outa My Sight!

She's about to lose it, oh, the stress and the worry! Remember in Cinderella how the mice and birdies came to her rescue and made her a wonderful dress to wear to the ball? Well, Constantina's canines, her best friends, have decided to take charge! They were inspired by the Cinderella story! They know her well! She is a little eccentric, a little unique but they watch her paint daily and they know her technique! It's all about color, the placement of paint! It has to be vivid, it cannot be faint! Rut roh! They are not informed, they don't have it right! They don't know the requirements of the Exhibition in White! Their canvas screams color, their paw strokes just right! Won't she be proud when she sees their painting tonight?

4. How do you tell a dozen colorful, sweet and caring canines that the paintings they created for the Exhibition in White are all wrong? You don't! Why hurt their feelings? Instead you bring in an expert to do the painting and do something to create a diversion for the canines. Something that will get their minds off Constantina Giovina's dilema. You should not be surprised to learn that these loyal canine companions love romping in the artist's flower gardens, chasing butterflies as they go! They are totally enamored and obbsessed by beautiful flowers and colorful butterflies! So, here's the deal, Neal. Neal is the gardner, he minds the flowers and picks up the dog....well never mind. We'll bring flowers and butterflies! That'll get the canines out of the studio! Romping in the garden chasing butterflies will keep them busy and will put an end to their painting, to their colorful paw prints on a canvas of white! When the expert comes to paint, they won't even know we have sabotaged their artistry by getting them outdoors to the gardens!!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Mark a card with butterflies! Make a card with flowers! Beautiful elegant gardens! Now one might wonder what does a teapot with puppy pawprints have to do with flowers and butterflies? Well, that's where extra cookies come in.

EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES (EPEC)
You get extra points for extra cookies if you bring the expert artist to the teaparty to paint Constantina's collection for the Exhibit in White! Who would that expert be, you ask. Why, a fluffy white puppy! Who better to paint white on white! He'll get it right! Extra points for fluffy white puppies!

DESTINATION STATION:
This week our destination is Hickory, North Carolina. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Regina. Regina is the sister in law of fellow SCSer Sherry (SoSherry). Regina is going through a very, very difficult time. She is saddened, depressed and filled with worry. If ever there was a person who needs some happy mail to get their mind off their current situation, it is Regina.

For additional information on Regina and the address to mail your card please visit Post #298 of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is the awesome card that Sherry made for her sister-in-law, Regina.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #202 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT202 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT202 ~ June 12, 2012 ~ An Exhibition in White!  The Importance of Light!-34002.jpg   MMTPT202 ~ June 12, 2012 ~ An Exhibition in White!  The Importance of Light!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-18-2012 at 12:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Here's my card for Regina. I hope our cards will help bring some cheer to her. It has to be a hard struggle.

FOR REGINA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg
AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

Sandi S - 6/18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's hoping my sunflower brings some sunshine to Regina.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Can't believe I had one done early, but I found a little time today to make my Teapot card and play in a couple other challenges in one fell swoop. (some day, I'll figure out the origin of that phrase!) Here's my card.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Here is mine:
MMTPT202 Puppy by Pam MacKay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a little flower, but lots of good thoughts...
MMTPT202 For Regina by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Regina
MMTPT202 Butterfiy for Regina by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

MMTPT202-white fluffy puppy by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My fluffy puppy for Regina!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for sharing this destination. I got some of the elements in my card this time!
MMTPT202 ~ for Regina by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Just wanted to say how thrilled I am with all the gorgeous cards! These are some of the best cards I have ever seen in one place! you gals are amazing! I am having so much fun going through them. i may have to put this challenge into my "to do" list. Love it! Thanks so much ladies. Got word from the dr yesterday that her blood counts are much better and she will have her surgery the end of July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT202 For Regina by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

No puppy but does my hedgie count? MMTPT202 For Regina by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

After the wonderful teaparty you all threw for Rebekah, I am even more impressed with the difference a single card makes. I can't imagine what Regina is going through. Havin my partial hip replacement after my hip broke was bad enough. I hope our cards will cheer her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my fluffy white puppy playing in the garden with his little butterfly friend: Puppy power by angelsparkly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MMTPT202

Here is my card for Regina:

MMTPT202 Flowers for Regina by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is my fluffy puppy with butterfly friend
Fluffy the Puppy by donnajeanne at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by donnajeanne; 06-12-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #17  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I have just squeaked in under the wire. Here is my card for Regina. I will be back to comment tomorrow. TFL

It probably would help if I attached the card. lol

MMTPT202, Regina by yabbadodo at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

here my card for our friend thanks hotwheels
thinking of you watercan by hotwheels at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, there were a few who asked to see the "strange cow" that I created and tossed out...here he/she is. I was too embarrassed to put this in my actual gallery, I figured that only a Teapotter would understand. ;)

Enjoy a giggle.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT202 ~ June 12, 2012 ~ An Exhibition in White!  The Importance of Light!-dscn6232.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did double duty this time..I made this card for Regina and followed the sketch challenge for the week...woot woot!!

Best Wishes Card by scrappinmama72inpa - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyk3868View Post
Okay, there were a few who asked to see the "strange cow" that I created and tossed out...here he/she is. I was too embarrassed to put this in my actual gallery, I figured that only a Teapotter would understand. ;)

Enjoy a giggle.
Amy, this cow is cute, though I don't know that I'd call it a cow! I love it!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Hello all you wonderful Teapotters. It has been awhile since I've made it to one of the teaparties, however, I am here and thinking of what to put on my card for Regina. I just thought I would stop in and say Hello before starting my day. Which consists of going to see the doctor and working on cards. I wish I could skip the doctor part tho and just work on cards all day hehe. Hmmm....butterflies, white puppies, paw prints, flowers....and white on white...boy am I glad you didn't say white on rice Cindy cuz I would NEVER figure that one out...lol. Great story I can't wait to get started on my card. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Big Huggs to all

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

I did it!!!! I came up with an idea for this week's challenge. It's not white on white, however, it has white in it. It also has flowers and a butterfly and another little surprise. I hope you like it.

Constantina Giovina's Loot Bag

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, I finally got a card mailed off to Regina. I pulled one of my old faithful designs with butterflies out to send to her. TFL

Redwork by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes