View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #19
Margscardcrazy
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padraicin View Post
Thank you all for your inspirations. I was raised in an Irish family where every New Year's Day my father would go through our Christmas cards and pick out a new Three Wise Men card to hang over our front door. I was told it was for happiness and prosperity during the new year but have never been able to determine the origin of this tradition. I still do this every New Year's Day; hoping for happiness and prosperity but more as a tribute to my Dad. Now that not many send religious cards any longer, there have been years that the same card has hung over our front door for several years. I have passed this tradition on to friends over the years and try to send them Three Wise Men cards and now I have inspiration to make them! Thanks!
Hi and welcome, I noticed you are fairly new to Split Coast Stampers so it's lovely to hear from you. Your dad sounds a bit like my dad. It has given me a lovely warm feeling to read your story and even though I'm Ozzy through and through on my father's side it is only three generations, my great grandfather came out from Irland in the 1800's. My dad was born in Zehan on the west coast of Tasmania Australia on the 5/3/1918 and at that time 98% of the population of Zehan was Irish. My maiden name is Reilly so welcome sister I hope you get as much enjoyment out of SCS as I do.
Cheers

Marg down under

My Gallery - My Blog
To practice any art no matter how well or badly is to let the soul soar!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!