UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Master Challenge Thread - No Chatting Please

Title: Parts Unknown
Hostess: Lydia, Understandblue
Keyword: JUN12VSNM
Day/Date: Saturday, June 16th
Time: 9:00pm EST

This challenge was inspired by a photograph I took on vacation in my beloved, beloved, Santa Fe, NM, which has the bluest skies on earth. I was walking around downtown and was in front of a store called "Parts Unknown" and I looked up and saw a beautiful, perfect jet and its trail in the pretty blue sky. Of course my hard drive is such an unorganized mess that I can't find it for you, but trust me, it was the perfect photo for this challenge - LOL!

Anyhoo - I thought it would be fun if we all took a journey to STAMPY parts unknown, which is one of my artistic weaknesses - I tend to do the same techniques over and over and am not good at branching out. So let's be brave tonight! Try something new!!

Here are some great resources for you - pick a technique from our fabulous free resources section, or use the incredible archives of the Try a New Technique forum and get out of your comfort zone!

Here's a video of the technique I used in my sample - I heated up a satin ribbon flower to make it all curly and fluffy! My profound thanks to Dawn Olchefske for the idea!

No need to use this technique - just find something that appeals to you that you've never tried, and go crazy! I look forward to seeing what you do - thank you for playing in my challenge and making this VSN so fun!

xxoo

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday June 18
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN12VSNM, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN sample June 2012 001 copy.jpg (185.9 KB, 1 views)

My 2014 Retreat
My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!