View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #543
yellowrose46
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
Ok, next question is how do I post my balances? Ive been reading back posts to get an idea what's what, I had to smile that you can reward yourself 1$ for reading a book, made me wonder how much I could reward myself for kneeling in the hot sun for an hour and half tiling round the pool edge!!
Jan.....you can use one of the balance sheets some people have posted, or you can use an account ledger that you can get in any stationary store. whatever is easier for you. As for what you can award yourself for, you can use the items posted as a guideline, but you make up your own rules. Whatever activity you find challenging is always a good starting point. For example....I love reading books, so it wouldn't be fair for me to award myself for that, but I am a loner and find it difficult to attend social functions, so I do award myself for each social function out of the ordinary (birthdays don't count, but asking a new widow to join me at a movie night did count). Speaking of working around the pool in the sun, I think that should be awarded. I have awarded myself $1.00 for each hour I spend digging the gout weeds out of my flowerbed. So you get the picture......it's all up to you! In the end it's really all about making us more aware of how much money we spend on our crafting hobby, and how best to make use of what we already have.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!