Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #85
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ MMTPT198 ~ GYPSY

MMTPT198
WARM FUZZIES FROM GYPSY!

Hi guys! Just wanted to share an email that I received from fellow Teapotter Charlene (crystaldolphins). We recently held a teaparty for Gypsy who is in facility in Canada. This is the link to Gypsy's Destination Station post if you want to refresh yourselves on the challenge which prompted this nice email.

In Charlene's own words:

I wanted to send you an update that you can forward to the teapotters.

Gypsy received a couple of cards at first, then a whole bunch of them on one day. I had sent him a copy of the Destination Station when I sent him my card, along with a photo box that he could keep them in. Since he got so many at one time, he decided that he was going to just open a couple each day so he could savour the moments. He has a friend in the facility and he also invited that friend (Sole) to share in the experience with him. He was so touched that all these people that he doesnít know, would take the time to make such amazing and special cards. He and Sole both enjoyed them so much and Sole definitely didnít get that strangers would do something like this. In fact, I think before he saw the first cards he didnít believe it when Gypsy told him what was happening!!

I donít want to put a negative note to this but I do want everyone to understand that Gypsy has no family. He is waiting for a decision on his wheelchair which if he gets it, he will be allowed outside the facility. His friend, Sole has some family but they do not contact or visit him. Receiving all of these cards was a HUGE thing for these two 2 older gentlemen. This was really a BIG deal for them and it showed Gypsy especially that there are people out there who know about him and know he exists!

I have been gently slapped by a few friends if I say anything like Ďwe just send cardsí or Ďitís just ink and paperí, etc. Iím not allowed to use the word ĎJUSTí and theyíre so right! We are all card angels for people that we may or may not know!

So, from Gypsy, Sole, Sharon and myself THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This was such a special gift and so greatly appreciated.

Big hugs to all the teapotters!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!