View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #192
T. Joy
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindykid View Post
Tricia - I L-O-V-E your cards so much! How do you sew on them and have the ends of your stitching hidden? I always end up with this long tail on top and bottom and if I trim it tight, it unravels so I just tie it or wrap it around an edge and it's not so cute.
You are so sweet, Mindy! Here's the trick to hiding the end of your stitching. When you finish stitching turn your card over and pull on the tail of the thread in the back. You'll see that it will sort of loosen the thread that is holding it there. If you pull on that thread (the one you just loosened by pulling on the back tail) the one from the front will pull through to the back and you can just apply your adhesive over it to keep it there. Do some experimenting and see if you can get it to work! : ) I actually use my nice sewing machine to do all my stitching. I use to do a lot of quilting - not so much now because it hurts my shoulders - so I have a pretty decent Brother sewing machine that I love.

I'm on card 16 today in the challenge. YAY!! I haven't bought anything, but I did win both a set from Sweet n Sassy and a $10 gc from My Favorite Things in their recent release parties. I'll choose my Sweet n Sassy set this morning, and I'm saving the gc to spend on a stamp set ($9... so I'll have to pay a little for shipping it) once I finish 25 cards.

I love this challenge!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!