View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #25
Novell
Stazon Splitcoast

I really wanted to make treats for all 43 certified teachers at our middle school this year, but I only managed to get it done for 4 of the 5 days. While the "store bought" rule applies to items for classrooms, the teachers love my home baked goods. The first day I made homemade "Hostess" cupcakes. The second day I made Lemon Bars. The third day I made mini Tollhouse cookies and put them into new, empty pint milk cartons that I was able to obtain from a local store. Afterward, I wished I had bought the half-pint cartons instead...haha! The fourth day I had started to make homemade caramel popcorn mixed with Craisins, M&M's, and drizzled with milk chocolate but I couldn't get it all done so they got that treat for day 5. My day 5 treat was going to be a cupcake that looks like an apple.
I was disappointed that I didn't get all 5 days done, but I certainly knew I had done my share. I can't even remember how many pounds of butter I went through... and eggs. Lots of eggs.

Oh, and just a funny to share... about 2 months ago, I had to pick my son up from school early. When I signed my name to check him out, the lady working the desk (not the usual person) said, "Oh, you're the cupcake lady!" haha.