View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
i just picked up a small journal at michaels. i never thought of using gesso on the page. i thought they were covered with paper, then painted, stamped, journaled, etc. so would i gesso the pages first? is one type of journal better than another. mine does have fairly thick pages, which i figured was neccessary. i love reading others blogs about things, but sometimes i think i spend to much time "researching" and not doing.

so gesso thoughts and any other quick suggestions. and how do you ladies ever have time for all the things i have found on this website. i've always been a crafter but scs has provided me with more ideas than i could ever do. i do try and my house is a mess!
I think picking a journal is an art form in itself. Some journalers prefer Moleskins, others prefer making their own, some prefer mixed media journals and etc, etc, etc. It's really mind boggling. I am not on the Moleskin train. I just don't like working with them. I prefer mixed media books or making my own.

Gesso was made to prime canvases. Usually it goes on first. With Mixed Media journaling artists on using Gesso in several different stages. Sometimes artists put it on last. I know that one confuses me too. It looks good.

I will never have time to do all the crafting things I want too. It's so depressing, lol. I love to art journal because you can take five minutes or a whole day to art journal. Some days I only have time to draw and other days I have time to do fancy pages.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!