View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #2124
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Linda! I am currently borrowing a friend's Nook ereader (one of two she owns), and so far the experience has not been horrible. It is lighter to hold than a hardcover, but I've also noted that it can be a bit "touchy" at times--sometimes you have to tap it two or three times to get the page to turn, other times it turns two or three on you, lol. I have also seen another friend's Kindle, but have not had the chance to actually try it out to see how it compares. And I really wouldn't be surprised to receive one or the other for Christmas.

Currently reading: River Marked by Patricia Briggs. Almost done, actually.

You can find me HERE on GoodReads. There should be a button/link to add as a friend. A security question will come up as well, asking how you know me--just enter "SCS Books". Since I am in 7 or 8 groups, I had to add that so I knew who people were. The groups in which I am most active are Cozy Mystery, TNBBC (general book disc), and Classics for Beginners.

A cozy mystery is a mystery in which there isn't a lot of blood, guts or violence. To quote from a thread in the CM group: "In general, most cozy mysteries are set in small towns and involve a sleuth who is not involved in a profession related to crime solving. Generally the sleuth stumbles into the crime and is somehow drawn into helping solve the mystery. Cozy's general don't describe the crime/murder in graphic details and adult scenes are kept behind closed doors, so to speak."

Some of my favorite cozy authors include Nancy Atherton, Agatha Christie, Kate Collins, Casey Daniels, Annette Blair, Heather Webber (AKA Heather Blake), Aaron Elkins, Kaye Morgan, Sheila Lowe, Sheila Connolly, Alice Kimberly and LeAnn Sweeney.

Oh--if I don't approve you right away as a friend, don't panic. MG&E killed my computer yesterday. Some Chainsaw Wielding Idiot trimming branches away from power lines either sliced through a line, or cut a branch that wasn't properly secured that took the line down, causing an outage on my block. When I went to boot my computer up last night, once power was back on, it was to be greeted by the Blue Screen of Death. Majorly unhappy. I found my op disk, and am hoping I can get it back up and running myself. Really cannot afford to fix or replace the harddrive right now. So, cross fingers for me (and the Chainsaw Wielding Idiot that we don't cross paths).

If I cannot resurrect the computer, I will try to remember to check back in from work Friday, but may be scarce a while.

When you follow the sheep, you end up in sheep dip.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!