View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
lharnish
Pearl-ExPert

Well, the Fifty Shades of Grey is still spiraling out of control as word spreads! I'm late getting on the bandwagon. I don't usually pick a book based on current hype and I have a big list of books I'd like to read. This set got bumped to the top. In my large circle of friends and acquaintances on FB and in the real world, it seems like everybody and their dog is reading it or has read it. I haven't seen one negative comment on it until the one I've seen on here.

I'm 3/4 of the way through the first book and enjoying it. I'm finding it very tame but that's mostly because I had heard so much hype about it that I thought it would be raunchier than it was. It's not the "smut" that keeps drawing me in, it is the development of the characters and the storyline. It makes you wonder what will happen next and how the love story will play out. It certainly is fodder to make women think especially in the era of women's liberation and power.

In the stores here, they can't keep it on the shelves. Last week at our local Costco, I heard they had one copy left and two women almost got into a fist fight trying to gain control of the book LOL! It is also interesting to read the origins of this triology. Take a look at the wiki:

Fifty Shades of Grey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And on another interesting note, I read an article that says online stores that sell the type of "equipment" used in the book are seeing sales soar through the roof as women try to recreate some of the scenes with their partners. Maybe this is good for the economy LOL!

Anyone else have anything to share?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!