Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Candi, Anyone?

I love these little paper "bumps" that look like a brad but don't add weight or excess thickness to a card. I'm up to over six little baggies of them and would like to get them into some other form of storage, but Im afraid that if I dump them altogether I will constantly be scrounging through them looking for a match. Got a container that works for you?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I have looked at these several times, but never actually purchased any of them. I did, however, know that one way I would think to organize them would be in the frap bottles. I thought they would look really cute in the bottles, lined up on my shelf. I haven't actually tried it, so I'm not positive it would work for you, but maybe it would be a solution. Let us know what you come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I store mine in bead containers or containers for old hard contact lenses (my mom wears these and has plenty!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

craftwork cards actually sell storage boxes for these. it's a larger box with 13 smaller boxes inside. mine actually came in them - it's called the candi store from memory. i'm sure they sell them separately or you might find something similar elsewhere - not sure what their international postage is like (esp as royal mail has just hiked up the prices!!)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I just googled some pictures of the Candi Store containers. Although I wouldn't order from the UK (Garage sales and thrift stores are my usual suppliers.), the size of each unit gives me some idea of what I might need. I also saw some Candi swatch inventory sheets from the Craftwork blog----Whew, that's a lot of Candi! There are so many colors and patterns out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dollar store

I bought some small (10) to a bag, food containers at the Dollar Store. I store sequins, all sorts of small embellishments in these boxes. Unfortunately I have not seen them again. They are 2 1/2 x 2 1/4 in. in size and fit in cardboard stationery (2 drawer) box that I got at Walmart. They are great for sorting any small embellies. Always look when you go to the Dollar store, you never know what you may find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

office max has what they call "a really useful box " series. in this there is an eighteen box storage container that would be perfect. each box is about 1 1\2 by 3 inches and has closures to keep them from opening up. they would have a lot of other very good storage use to. there are several other nice containers in the same "really useful box" line also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found that the Gerber 2nd food puree containers are great for storing loose things like this. They have a lid that will stay on and are clear so you can see colors. They are easy to recyle, just wash and dry and you are ready to fill. Find someone with a baby and they will usually be happy to save a few hundred for you! LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I love these little paper "bumps" that look like a brad but don't add weight or excess thickness to a card. I'm up to over six little baggies of them and would like to get them into some other form of storage, but Im afraid that if I dump them altogether I will constantly be scrounging through them looking for a match. Got a container that works for you?
Call me confused:confused: What are these? any pics? I tried googling candi containers and don't seem to be coming up with what everyone is talking about.

thanks,
Dawn

"Go In The Direction of Your Dreams"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I still have mine in the baggy but I only have the metallic ones. Did you know you can color them with Copics? Love the look!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

maybe these?

ACMoore.com-Arts and Crafts

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

http://craftworkcards.co.uk/products.../1/candi.htmlv
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Candi texture

I'm confused these tiny circles look like the holes from a paper punch. How are they different?
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

They are rounded like a brad and have a sheen to them. There are little sponge glue pads sold for adhering them, but I just use Glossy Accents, a dimensional adhesive, or whatever else is handy.
The gold ones are on this card:

Golf Forever! by GypsyRoseStamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

How nice, I love the gold. Thanks for schooling me....just when I think I'm keeping up with everything, something new and interesting comes along. I love splitcoast and all the contributors. Thanks

So back to the original question of storage...I would think the small clear zip lock storage baggies (3 1/2" x 2") would hold these nicely in order to see the different colors and for easy handlling.

"Go In The Direction of Your Dreams"

Last edited by dhaus; 05-31-2012 at 04:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I just moved all of my brads and little accent storage to these round jewelry storage containers I picked up at Michael's and JoAnn's. I like that they each have their own little lid that screws on and each can be handled individually but lives in a larger storage box. That way I'm not dealing with spillage from one compartment to another or a multi-compartment case. These little containers also come in a larger version that's taller and holds probably three times as much as any tiny one does.
Attached Thumbnails
Candi, Anyone?-2012-05-19_5522.jpg   Candi, Anyone?-2012-05-19_5521.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

I use a multi-compartment storage box that I got at Lowe's. You usually see them in a woodworking shop. They have different size drawers that slide out. Mine have dividers in them so I have 2 sets of Candi in each drawer. The unit doesn't take up a lot of space and holds a lot of stuff. I have 2 of them sitting on the back of my scrap table. Not the prettiest things in the world, but cost effective and gets the job done easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you for the info and the link! Love your card!
Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

I just picked up a package of little clear storage containers ... 12 to the pack I think ... from Michaels. I knew I needed them for something but wasn't sure what. Now I know. LOL. Now I need to find me some candi! BTW real cute golf card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley QueenView Post
I just moved all of my brads and little accent storage to these round jewelry storage containers I picked up at Michael's and JoAnn's. I like that they each have their own little lid that screws on and each can be handled individually but lives in a larger storage box. That way I'm not dealing with spillage from one compartment to another or a multi-compartment case. These little containers also come in a larger version that's taller and holds probably three times as much as any tiny one does.
Hi Monika! What type of larger storage box do you use to hold all the containers? I have 2 of the SU embellies caddies plus 2 of the older style ones. They do take up a lot of room on my shelf! I also like that each container is clear and you can see exactly what is in there. Maybe I should go through all my embellies and try to down size! Thank - You!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I went to Walmart to the fishing department and found a clear plastic box for tackle. It is about 8x12 and has several different sections to keep the various color schemes separate. And it was inexpensive, too! I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Default It works!

I was at Michael's today and decided to give the little jars a look...figured they would be handy for something, if not the Candi. They were in the bead area, 12 jars,each about the size of a film canister, all enclosed in a clear box----$8.99, $5.39 after using a coupon. A full bag of Candi fits in one jar, though it takes some shaking to get them all in. I like the fact that there is no wasted space; I had considered using some old spice jars, but they just end of taking up so much space, much of it just air. These jars are really neat for a lot of storage problems. It's easy to pull the entire box out of a drawer and see the entire contents through the top. Great solution!

(And I have a few empty jars left for more Candi!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you are into recycling - how about tictac containers. They are fairly small but yet have a decent amount of room in them for goodies. They are also pretty cheap if you like the candy inside them. I've seen them used for other smal items. JAT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
Hi Monika! What type of larger storage box do you use to hold all the containers? I have 2 of the SU embellies caddies plus 2 of the older style ones. They do take up a lot of room on my shelf! I also like that each container is clear and you can see exactly what is in there. Maybe I should go through all my embellies and try to down size! Thank - You!
Are you talking about the drawer that they are in? I have some of the 12x12 Steralite drawers under my desk where I store my brads and other supplies. As for my SU brads and embellies, I left those in the round containers they came in and have them in another one of those drawers. I really need to take and post more pix of my SB space.
Attached Thumbnails
Candi, Anyone?-2012-05-19_5519_edited-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I was at Michael's today and decided to give the little jars a look...figured they would be handy for something, if not the Candi. They were in the bead area, 12 jars,each about the size of a film canister, all enclosed in a clear box----$8.99, $5.39 after using a coupon. A full bag of Candi fits in one jar, though it takes some shaking to get them all in. I like the fact that there is no wasted space; I had considered using some old spice jars, but they just end of taking up so much space, much of it just air. These jars are really neat for a lot of storage problems. It's easy to pull the entire box out of a drawer and see the entire contents through the top. Great solution!

(And I have a few empty jars left for more Candi!)
Those sound exactly like the larger version of the little containers I have. I'm hooked on these little containers. I did the tictac style ones, but prefer these little round ones with the screw on tops so much better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

In the bead section at michaels, you can get little stacks of clear plastic containers, the one below screws into the one above it with one lid for the whole stack. They came in several sizes. I love these for all manner of embellishments: brads, beads, buttons, charms, crystals etc. I used to get them dirt cheap at the $ store but sadly they don't carry them anyone. I wish I had known... But with a coupon they aren't too bad. I stack them much higher than intended grouped by theme so when I want a baby embellie, I just grab that stack and look through. Basic Grey bellies to match my paper packs? Grab another stack! And so on...

Anything that needs a bit more room is stored in a mini candy jar from IKEa. A pack of PTI buttons fits perfectly.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Those ones that screw into each other to make a stack of jars are too much for me! I must not be paying attention when I open them because I open them upside down and have the entire contents spill out everywhere! (Multiple times!)
Reply With Quote Likes