View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #69
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Sammie,

I'll write up the stuff I learned about clinical trials this weekend. Way too pooped tonight as the appointments took longer than normal and the wait at the pharmacy was extremely long--made us much later getting home.

The doctor talked to us about the nausea today. If there is any problem, he'll call in a prescription immediately. So far, dh hasn't had any "true" nausea, just hints of it and it goes away as soon as he eats.

Since dh has only had one week of radiation, we still have at least another week to go before anything severe happens and I know what to get, so we will be prepared. We already have the baby shampoo as the hospital provided three bottles when he in for his surgery.

Don't be upset over dh's doctors. They really have gone out of their way to help in any way they can. The VA neurologist was concerned dh was still having mild seizures and depending on the Valium to stop them. He added Clonazepam to dh's meds today as he did not want to increase the Keppra.

Because dh is now seeing the VA neurologist, we will cancel future appointment with the local neurologist even though we like him very much. The VA neurologist was extremely surprised that dh had the neurosurgery here rather than in Baltimore or Bethesda but also pleased they were able to resect 100% of the tumor (except for the microscopic threads). Evidently he didn't realize we have neurosurgeons here! In fact, his reaction and his comment on the size of dh's tumor (he called it "very small") kind of gave us both some hope that dh will beat the odds.

Okay--really pooped now. Will try to get to the clinical trials tomorrow or Sat.

Much love to you and Mark!

Rainsong