View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #856
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Mark had another bad pain event last night with severe pain in his abdomen and throwing up. He has also what they call a "watermelon" stomach and Portal Hypertensive Grastopathy. When the inside of the stomach is touched, it will bleed at that spot. We are supposed to go to Portland OR in 2 weeks for a week and I am scared to death to go. But we need to see or grand kids.

Mark's surgeon wants a CT scan to be done now but the other 2 DRs are afraid of surgery period. I think they all agree that surgery is a last option only to save his life. They could remove a lot of the stomach and also try to remove the adhesions that are swollen at times and squeeze the intestine shut. The problem is that the surgeon could go in and because Mark has had so much surgery it's a crap shoot of which adhesions to remove. When Mark had the Pelvic Exeneration, they literally used a hammer and chisel as the radiation has hardened his entire insides. I am probably rambling, but I just wish I could make the pain go away and take some of it myself.

I am tired and hurting. But nothing compared to Mark.
RS, how did the radiation go? I will go to your thread and see if you have posted.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!