View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #54
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

I am so glad Butch was approved finally for treatment. I think in 50 years, they are going to look back and think that cancer was treated in such an archaic way. We kill our good and BAD cells in hopes of surviving another year or another 20. It's a crap shoot for sure but one that we take in the hopes that we do have another anniversary. Mark should have died 15 years ago but he didn't. Lot of problems since but he survived.

I honestly hope and Pray (yes pray) that Butch will be one of the survivors and you will have many more years together. I know what you mean by different people having different cures. Shoot, just give him the one that works. I have (had) a friend who is still trying to get me to buy nutrition products from her to "cure" my breast cancer. Give me a break.

There are times that we have to put every bit of hope and faith in our DRs that they know what they are doing even if it is the same treatment from 50 years ago. My cancer is triple negative which was bad so I can't get the new chemos and pills. Just the standard old stuff. I truly believe it is working.

RS, you are a very strong person and I think that your energy and knowledge will help you BOTH through this. Take care and keep us informed

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!