View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #504
T. Joy
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhat10 View Post
Plenty of items that I like will be around in a week, a month, or a year from now even if they are not the same.
Deb, that is a BRILLIANT remark! I struggle with this, too. I haven't been horrible with my stamping budget... I think I haven't spent much more than $200 for the year so far, but I also cross stitch and I've spent WAY MORE there. And that is my downfall. If I like it, I'd better get it now, because it might not be around later. At least in stamping I can do something with the product right away if I have a mind to, but honestly, how many cross stitch projects can you stitch at once! I'm going to print out your comment and put it in my planner. There are always new things coming out, *even if I miss these*. Which is good, because I did our family budget the other day and with the new stove we had to buy and the plane ticket for DD to come home from college for Christmas and the wisdom teeth that DD#2 needs to have removed this summer, my stamping budget for the *rest of the year* is $10.00. Unless I am given a gift or win a challenge. Guess what I'm asking for for my birthday in August!

For the May questions - I usually stamp 3-5 times a week throughout the year to enter challenges and keep my blog up. I don't think I'd make the 25%/75% split on the whole, but probably per card that would be what I do, as most of them are for company challenges, (MFT, Verve, SNSS, ODBD) so I use as much as possible from that company on the card.

Thanks for this thread! I don't comment much, but I do read it and glean good ideas!

Tricia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!