I'm way over budget and I could use some encouragement and advice. After looking at my bills I realized I have been spending about $200 a week recently. It must stop!!!!
And I know I should stop but I'm finding it hard to resist temptation, specifically:
1) I'm a sucker for a sale or limited available items.
2) Part of the problem is when I'm tired, I surf the net to relax and daydream about what I could do by shopping for it.
3) Also, I don't realize what I have and just use what is in the open.
4) I float from project to project without finishing any. Last monthly I made a canvas and hung it up in my craft area. It felt great.
So I know what I need to do:
1) Remind myself that the real joy comes from creating, not collecting. Plenty of items that I like will be around in a week, a month, or a year from now even if they are not the same.
2) When I'm too tired to work on something do something constructive. Look for ideas or challenges that use products I already have. I can surf forums like these instead of sales.
3) Catalog what I have. I think the easiest way would be to photograph supplies and store in a word or pdf file.
4) Finish a project before starting a new one. Send and/or display my work as soon as it is done.
Now I need the drive to follow my plan. I've written this to affirm my commitment and in the hope that you kind friends will help keep me on track. Thank you for listening to my rambling plan.