Scrap Book Photo Swap #29
SBPS is a unique swap which has been going on for about 8 years here at SCS. You send the hostess your photos relating to the theme posted. The hostess assigns a Secret Big Sister who will scrap a double or single page 12x12 layout with your photos, epending on what category you sign up for. You will be assigned a Little Secret Sister and scrap her a double and/or single page 12x12 layout using her photos.
SINGLE AND DOUBLE PAGE LAYOUTS THIS ROUND
Our theme this round for the double page layout is a Sketch Challenge
Our theme this round for the single page layout is: What A Bunch Of Characters
Sketch Challenge – I hope this is self explanatory! Here are three sketches from the Got Sketch? blog. Choose one sketch and post (after you get your pictures) which sketch you are going to use without telling us who your secret sister is of course!
Remember these are sketches and are meant to be used as inspiration and you don’t have to follow the sketch 100%.
Got Sketch?: SKETCH 40
Got Sketch?: SKETCH 52 (2-pager)
Got Sketch?: SKETCH 30
What a Bunch of Characters… - So think of pictures where the subject of the photo is doing something goofy, silly, funny or with a character (theme park character etc). Make sense?
Please read all instructions.
Participation Requirements: Please send AT LEAST 6 photos, but NOT MORE than 12 photos for the double page layout. Please send at least 1 photo but not more then 3 for the single page layout. It will be up to your big sis to determine what pictures she wants to scrap. Please understand, if you send many photos, your SS has permission to TRIM photos to get the photos reasonably on the pages. If you do not like your photos resized or trimmed, please be sure to note that when you send your photos.
Two spots allowed per category this round! Only sign up for two spots in a category if you can complete the pages on time.
PLEASE use high quality papers, embellishments, and photo processing. These pages go into people's scrapbooks and you need to use materials and techniques that you would be proud to display in your own scrapbooks. If you need samples or ideas, I recommend going to the gallery and searching for SBPS for previous pages.
Please include a good description of what the photos are about and include any specific instructions you would like considered.
Providing background information for the photos helps your SS do a better job of tailoring your pages to your personality! Don't forget to include your name and address so your secret sis knows who completed your pages.
Be sure to post pictures of your pages in your gallery when you are finished. Be sure to name them SBPS#29, so that we can find them!
Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1st. I will have photos sent to everyone on June 2nd. If I receive all the pictures sooner, I will get them to you sooner (hint, hint).
Scrapped pages must be RECEIVED by your Secret Sister by July 16, 2012. Delivery confirmation must be to my email by July 9, 2012. Canadian residents are welcome to participate. If you are sending pages to or from Canada, they must be POSTAL with email to host by July 2nd to allow extra time for transit. Remember when shipping to Canada, they do not have mail service on Saturdays. Remember to package the pages carefully, including cardboard to prevent bending of the pages.
Late pages that have failed to provide delivery confirmation or confirmation of items being postal will result in the participant sitting out TWO rounds of SBPS. Please keep in mind you are working with someone's photographs and that priority should be given to completing these pages on time and with your best efforts at scrapbooking. Pages that are late without prior communication and permission from the host will result in sitting out 2 ROUNDS. This will NOT be waived without communication with the host. You must let the host know in advance of the date to mail out that your pages might be late due to unforseen circumstances.
Please be aware that the date to mail out is the date to mail out, not to start working on your pages!
Flakers are not welcome in this swap.
Dates in a Nutshell:
Pictures due to hostess June 1st
Pages due to little sister July 16th
DC# DUE July 9th and July 2nd for our Canada participants
Sketch Challenge - Double Page LO:
1. nhagen * Pix Received * Postal * pages received from simplechef
2. PMR * Pix Received * postal * pages received from amanjord
3. SizzixQueen * Pix Received * pages received from Luv2Smile
4. Kerry3k * Pix Received * postal * pages received from CandyHaz
5. morgainegeiser * Pix Received * postal * pages received from PMR
6. CandyHaz * Pix Received * postal * pages received from SizzixQueen
7. Luv2Smile * pix received * postal * pages received from morgainegeiser
8. simplechef * pix received * postal *pages received from Kerry3k
9. amanjord * pix received * postal* pages received from doorknocker3
10. doorknocker3 * pix received * postal * pages received from nhagen
What A Bunch Of Characters - Single Page LO:
1. nhagen * Pix Received * postal * pages received from PMR
2. PMR * Pix Received * postal * pages received from Kerry3k
3. Kerry3k * Pix Received * postal * pages received from simplechef
4. morgainegeiser * Pix Received * postal * page received from Luv2Smile
5. Luv2Smile * pix received * postal * page received from nhagen
6. simplechef * pix received * postal * pages received from morgainegeiser
7. CandyHaz * Pix Received * postal * pages received from amanjord
8. amanjord * pix received * postal * pages received from CandyHaz