05-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Temple, Tx
TLC378 ~ Brayered Paper Elements ~ (5/21/12)
Hello everyone!!! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to start your week with a little stamping!!!! I am really in my element when I can make a mess....soooo today's challenge is for everyone who likes to get inky!! We are going to make some brayered paper elements....create a card or project with paper elements that were made from brayered cardstock. The instructions are easy peasy.....
1. Use a brayer to roll different colors of ink on a piece of cardstock or patterned paper. You don't have to make it perfect because you want to see the different shades, spaces, and patterns.
2. You can use different shades of the same color or use complementary colors...what ever strikes your fancy. If you have a spectrum pad, half the work is done for you!
3. Use dies or punches to cut out your images or stamp an image on the brayered cardstock, cut it out, and add to your project.
4. Now, if you are a rebel and want to do something different, cut your image out first, brayer the colors over it and then use it on your project.
5. You can use any stamped image or diecut as long as there is enough open space to see the combo of colors.
6. You can add a little texture if you want by distressing, embossing, or crumpling up the paper to add a little interest.
7. If you don't have a brayer, don't stress...sponging or just swiping the ink pads on the paper will be ok, too!!!
8. Have fun and make a mess!!!!
Remember when uploading to use keyword TLC378 (no spaces)
You can view the entire TLC378 Gallery here.
Last edited by joan ervin; 05-20-2012 at 07:21 PM..