View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
mybugandi45
Swapper of the Month December 2011

Default NEW...WHATS OLD IS NEW AGAIN (lets recycle our store-bought cards) Due 9/9/12

This idea came to me after receiving a very cute quilted Motherís Day Card from my future MIL (maybe ). I thought, I could cut up the card and use parts as embellishments. I have hoarded several years of cards that I have loved throughout the years. Whether it is the image and/or the sentiment I think it would be fun to recreate our store-bought cards and make them better.

Here are the details:

Quantity: 5+1 (one is for the me, the hostess). I realize that most people do not have 5 identical store-bought cards so your cards do NOT need to be the same. Pick your favorite store-bought cards and redesign, recycle and recreate them into something fantastic for all of us to admire and share.

Deadline: In my hands by September 9, 2012. I will have them postal within 10 days of the due date. Cards not received by then will regrettably be returned to sender as not to hold up the swap.

Description requirement:
Full Size Card of any shape or design - 4 1/4 x 5 If your cards will not fit into a standard A2 envelope, please provide an envelope that will fit your cards.

NVR on embellishments Ė
Use a minimum of 2 layers & 2 embellishments
Designer paper is encouraged, but not required.
Please do your BEST work, as you wish to receive in return!!

No recipe required, but if you'd like to include one, please do so and add your real name and your SCS nick to it, others will appreciate it.
Please SIGN the back of your cards so the receivers can easily identify you and give the proper recognition you deserve.)

Sign up for as many spots as you like. Just how many store-bought cards have you saved throughout the years?

You must check in 2 weeks before the end date and let me know you are still in the swap. If you need to drop out that is fine life happens. You must also check in after swap and let us know you received your swap back.

Mailing instructions: Packaging and Swap Return: Put your cards in a zip lock bag with the swap name, your real name, and your SCS name. Please send a self addressed stamped envelope with the same postage as it took to send to me plus two extra stamps just in case needed. Thanks!

DO NOT send metered postage as we all know they only work for day of purchase!! If you would rather use Priority mail, please include one $5.15 priority stamp and a self-addressed priority label. I will provide priority envelope. If you are mailing from Canada please include $4 US to cover return postage, and I will return whatever is left to you.

All return mail will be sent via First Class unless you request (and provide for) otherwise. NO METERED POSTAGE PLEASE.

If you have any questions, please PM or post them. I am always open to suggestions.

As always, if you bring one of your SCS friends to the swap; let me know and I will include a prize for both of you. We will, of course, have Challenges throughout the swap for some awesome prizes. Those of you who have been in one of my swaps and have taken on a Challenge know that the prizes are pretty good

Come join us. Letís have some fun. We have the whole summer to complete great cards. Plus we are recycling; whatís better than that.

The Best Swappers Are:
1.marilyn-mauiueno p3 received 9/5
2.jeri-stampmontana p4 received 9/6
3.debbee-beehappy p5 received 9/6
4.lindac007 p2
5.vickie_y p12 received 8/25
6.paola-sama p13 received 9/14
7.pat boisclair p14 received 8/13
8.sandra-stamp wizard p56 received 9/13
9.tracie-taclary p63 received 7/16
10.lois577 p75 received 9/12
11.lois577 p75 received 9/12
12.stampmontana p98 received 9/7
13.vickie_y p101 received 8/25
14.pat boisclair p107 8/13
15.margaret-angelsparkly p109 received 9/4
16.----------
17.rosiebudstamp p132 received 8/23
18.lindac007 p134
19.----------
20.CHALLENGE SPOT lindac007 p134
21.CHALLENGE SPOT angelsparkly p161 received 9/4
22.CHALLENGE SPOT vickie_y p164 received 8/25

Last edited by mybugandi45; 09-15-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!