View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #34
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Update on MRI

Austin Serrano has made a journal update:

Follow up MRI and labs results

Austin’s labs are within normal limit. There are no changes on the MRI on May 7, 2012.

According to Dr. Bowers, we will be back for MRIs and labs every 3 months until Austin turns 5.

This month will be a year since Austin had his remaining right eye removed. We have to schedule and plan for Austin’s follow up in Philly with Dr. Shields some time between May and June of 2012.

I just want to share something with everyone – food for thought. Austin has no memory of his own eyes. I was reading a story to him before bed time when I asked him what Elmo’s eye color is and he said it’s black and white.

When I asked him what is the color of his eyes, he said “I don’t know Mommy.” Austinis very quick to respond to anyone’s comments. He said “what are you talking about, Mommy? I have bionic eyes!”

Oops for Christine! Austin’s Mommy forgot you got bionic eyes…

Sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized the potential, strength, willpower, or heart that came as a result of that event.

Many thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Christine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!