View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #849
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry for being a little out of touch. Mark is home and has something wrong with his liver that has caused the gastric bleeding and the esophagus varices. It's not cirhosis of the liver but something else. Right now we have an appt Friday to begin the testing. It looks like they will have to do a liver biopsy down the road. They didn't do it in the hospital because he was already in pain and bleeding and the DR said he didn't want to put Mark through that right now. Apparently whatever is wrong is serious.

He had some pain 2 nights ago and will be on liquid "Boost" only type drinks until his appt Friday. He is weak and very tired. I assume when the pain came the other night, there was bleeding involved that went right through him.

We are going to try and get ready to sell our house. It is too big for us and the upkeep outside is back breaking. I just got in from working in the garden and lawn and I hurt every where. Just the thought of going through and getting rid of 'stuff' makes me tired. We probably will move closer to my daughter in Portland OR. It make a year to get there, but we have to be realistic. It's a big move and 2000 miles away.

RS, how is Butch and you? I will go to your thread for more info. I hope your sister's DH will be OK. I have a big button that says "Cancer Sucks". It sure does.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!