View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
creativec
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
It was one of our SCS cat_woman who made up the tutorial. Here's the SCS link: Homemade Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. On the second page she has the tutorial.

This tutorial was written for the original Silhouette software. It definitely can be done in the new software quite easily.

If you type in make your own embossing folders in your favorite search engine you will find a lot more tutorials. Most of these tutorials are geared for the Cricut.

I want to give one tip. The Cricut is the biggest die cutter on the market. Most of the tutorials for die cutting are Cricut related. You can adapt any Cricut tutorial to work for the Silhouette.

If you find tutorials for SCAL, MTC, Inkscape or even Cricut specific related don't close the window thinking you can't do them. You can. The only thing you won't be able to do is cut heavier materials. For example tutorials like cutting felt with the Cricut you won't be able to do with the Silhouette. You can do those tutorials if you have a heavier cutter such as Gazelle, Zing, Cougar or Eclipse.
You can emboss on the Cameo itself. I have used the Chomas Creations pen holder, a stylus and my Cuttlebug tan embossing mat for this
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!