View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1967
redwood17
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, thanks for asking - my DH's brother continues to amaze me. I can see how having the negative attitude and not having a close relationship with anyone can hurt someone so badly. Today, I mailed out his rent payment to the landlord and he says that he is fine on food - but I have no idea I would think he would need another food run with someone. But he is so stubborn, DH has to tell him that we need to get him to the doctor for the medication and for that food run and documentation so that we don't lose the disability $$ to pay his bills. But he just keeps on hanging up on DH, he wouldn't even have the phone on if it was not for DH. But that's why I feel bad for him he lived his life so hurt from childhood and never tried to really recover from it. I will admit I dragged DH to counseling and I am convinced that it has made a difference but DH has a very short attention span right now - he is taking the paxil and it helps but he is still feeling overwhelmed. I am so thankful for all that God has given to me and I wish I could hand over my faith to them to see what it's like to have God pull you out and spending that quality time. I struggle too but just can't imagine my life without God. Seriously, I don't know how people do it. DH at least understands more than his brother but some days it frustrates me because they are so thick headed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!