View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Thank you all for your warm, kind thoughts, prayers and wishes.

As you can imagine, this last month has been an emotional roller-coaster and I don't anticipate it will level out any time soon.

Monday we saw the neurologist. In a week, Dh is to increase his dosage of Keppra to try to keep seizures under control. So far the Valium prescribed by the radiologist oncologist seems to be working, though Dh has had several mild seizures since we had the R/O visit. Each successive seizure seems to cause a bit more nerve damage. Dh has a difficult time feeling food on his bottom lip on the left and the left side of his mouth seems to be slightly lower than the right. He's also had some difficulty with feeling in his left hand, arm and leg but is able to function pretty well.

Even the very mild seizures interfere with his ability to talk. Several minutes--maybe half an hour--have to pass before he can speak clearly again. All the stress from the seizures causes a great deal of fatigue for dh. Sometimes he needs a nap and other times if he just rests he's "okay" again.

Tomorrow (Wed.) we go to the VA hospital to see their oncologist so we can have the radiation/chemo done here. The R/O also mentioned the VA might cover the costs of the emergency room and hospital stay since it was an emergency as no one should have to travel over 50 miles to get to the VA hospital.

I'm not holding my breath.

Gotta go check on Sammie's thread for an update on she and Mark.

Hugs back to everyone!

Rainsong