View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #1499
raquelita_uno
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Vatican Crackdown on Leadership Conference of Women Religious

I was born and raised Catholic but have been pretty much agnostic and boarding on atheist for most of my teen and adult life. The current Vatican crack down and the 50,000+ American nuns who are part of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious has be SO riled up. These old men need to get a grip on reality if they plan to salvage what's left of their fold. The following was taken for a USA Today article.

"The Vatican announcement said that "while there has been a great deal of work on the part of LCWR promoting issues of social justice in harmony with the church's social doctrine, it is silent on the right to life from conception to natural death."
It added that "crucial" issues like "the church's biblical view of family life and human sexuality, are not part of the LCWR agenda in a way that promotes church teaching. Moreover, occasional public statements by the LCWR that disagree with or challenge positions taken by the bishops, who are the church's authentic teachers of faith and morals, are not compatible with its purpose." "

The church's "authentic teachers of faith and morals" need to really ask themselves WWJD. I just become more and more cynical with every news report that I read. Why is there such a stretch between Christianity and those living a Christ-like life. Jesus (whether historical or alegorical) was the ultimate liberal and if the LCWR was promoting social justice issues important to women and familes, they seem to be following a much for accurate moral compass.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!