View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #481
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
Melissa - how cool that you've done looked into your family history. I have an uncle who went all the way back - yep, made it back to Bible times and then of course from there it's easy to trace through the Bible. By the time he was done and wrote the book - it was so big that it had to be strapped together with a belt!! He spent years and years...and travelled all over...to get the info.

I've done a bit of sleuthing regarding my biological parents (I'm adopted) but didn't get far. Guess I'll never know. But that's ok cause I had wonderful parents!
I don't have the luxury of traveling to learn about my family history or having an expert help me (like they do on that TV show). But there is usually a lot to be found on Ancestry.com (in Census records, military records, other people's family Bibles, etc.) I have verified info back to my great-great-great grandparents, except for one g-g-g-grandmother. Past that, I have a lot of names for several more generations, but no hard proof except for a few generations of my grandmother's Cherokee ancestors who happened to get their names in a few historical texts.

I've not yet traced any of my ancestors out of the U.S. I can't imagine tracing them back to Biblical days.

Zella, do you know anything at all about your adoptive parents or which agency your parents secured to do the legal work? There are places who help reunite adopted siblings with their blood parents, but I think both have to be seeking for this to happen. If your adoptive parents knew your biological parents, you might be able to track them down through an Internet search. The 1940 Census just came out, but that's only good for finding out where someone who was born by 1939 was living 70+ years ago.

If you are really curious, I would encourage you to keep looking. The process of tracking down people is kind of fun.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!