View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #13
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
The SVGCuts.com says they work with SCAL1, SCAL2 and MTC. Will they also work with the Silhouette Studio Designer software?
Yes, SVGCuts will work in the Designer Studio software. SVG's are a standard vector format in the graphic industry. They are like JPEG's. Except JPEG's are pixels and vector's are line art. That's the easy way to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarinaM View Post
Penny Duncan doesn't have the free files on her site anymore.
Shoot! Sorry for posting wrong info everyone. Somebody mentioned on one of the die cutting forums that Penny was sharing her files again. I think it was a couple of weeks ago. I don't blame her for choosing to sale them. They are some of the most beautiful files on the Internet and worth every penny she sells them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculously Obsessed View Post
I am confused....how can you make embossing folders on the Cameo? Thanks........
It was one of our SCS cat_woman who made up the tutorial. Here's the SCS link: Homemade Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. On the second page she has the tutorial.

This tutorial was written for the original Silhouette software. It definitely can be done in the new software quite easily.

If you type in make your own embossing folders in your favorite search engine you will find a lot more tutorials. Most of these tutorials are geared for the Cricut.

I want to give one tip. The Cricut is the biggest die cutter on the market. Most of the tutorials for die cutting are Cricut related. You can adapt any Cricut tutorial to work for the Silhouette.

If you find tutorials for SCAL, MTC, Inkscape or even Cricut specific related don't close the window thinking you can't do them. You can. The only thing you won't be able to do is cut heavier materials. For example tutorials like cutting felt with the Cricut you won't be able to do with the Silhouette. You can do those tutorials if you have a heavier cutter such as Gazelle, Zing, Cougar or Eclipse.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!