View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #206
hoptownracer1
Stampin' Fool

Smile Glitter Buttons...

Here are some glitter buttons I made. After seeing a post from another person on Splitcoast about making glitter buttons, I had to try it out! Now, I have glitter everywhere, even after sweeping three times, lol. Will vacuum it later on today. Thanks to the person who gave me the Avon yellow and orange nail polish. It gave me more colors to use! Just painted them with nail polish; let one coat dry, and then immediately after painting on second coat, I sprinkled them with glitter.
Now, when I get time, I need to make up some sentiments or something to share. Was going to make cricut shapes, but they may have to wait a bit. If you saw the looks of my craft room right now, you'd know why! lol.
100_4958.jpg

100_4959.jpg

100_4960.jpg

100_4961.jpg

I had to use straight pins punched through a few sheets of craft foam to secure the buttons, so I could paint them. I tried the green floral foam, but little bits of fuzzy foam kept getting on the buttons. It probably ruins the pins you use, but I'm guessing if I wiped them with nail polish remover, it would come off. Made for a fun and messy project. Just be sure to open some windows if you do it; it smelled like a nail salon in the house, until I did.

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 04-19-2012 at 01:56 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!